República de Turquía
The Constitution of the Republic of Turkey states that its National Flag is composed of a white crescent and star on a red background.
The Türk Bayrağı Kanunuaw (Turkish Flag Law), furthers the information regarding the shape, construction and protection of the Turkish Flag.
Turkey has no official national emblem, but the crescent and star design from the national flag is in use as the de facto national emblem on Turkish passports, Turkish identity cards and at the diplomatic missions of Turkey.
The Constitution of the Republic of Turkey states that its National Anthem is the «İstiklâl Marşı», or «Independence March».
Letra y música.
Korkma! Sönmez bu şafaklarda yüzen al sancak,
Sönmeden yurdumun üstünde tüten en son ocak.
O benim milletimin yıldızıdır, parlayacak;
O benimdir, o benim milletimindir ancak.
Çatma, kurban olayım, çehreni ey nazlı hilal!
Kahraman ırkıma bir gül; ne bu şiddet, bu celal?
Sana olmaz dökülen kanlarımız sonra helal…
Hakkıdır, Hakk’a tapan milletimin istiklal.
Una versión del himno de la República de Turquía puede escucharse aquí, interpretado por el Coro y la Orquesta de la İzmir State Opera and Ballet, conducidos por Orhan Öner Özcan.
According to the oficial webpage of Turkey’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (here), this is the order of precedence list. Bear in mind that the OICP was only able to retrieve corrections up to May 8th, 2008.
In Turkey, unlike other countries, the President is not included in the list. Since he is the head of state, he is naturally assumed to be at the top of the list.
- Speaker of the Grand National Assembly
- Vice President of Turkey
- President of the Constitutional Court
- Former presidents
- First President of the Court of Cassation
- President of the Council of State
- Ministers of the Government (in alphabetical order of ministry names)
- Chief of the Turkish General Staff
- Commanders of the Turkish Armed Forces
- President of the Council of Higher Education
- Leader of the Main Opposition Party
- Deputy Speaker of the Grand National Assembly
- Leaders of the political parties that have groups in the Parliament
- Clerk members and administrative members of the Parliament
- Leaders of the political parties that are represented in the Parliament
- Chairperson and Deputy Chairman’s of the political party groups in the Parliament
- Deputy Chairpersons of the political parties that have groups in the Parliament
- General Secretaries of the political parties that have groups in the Parliament
- Members of the Parliament
- President of the Court of Accounts
- Chief Public Prosecutor of the Court of Cassation
- President of the Turkish Bars Association
- Chief Prosecutor of the Council of State
- Deputy Presidents of the Constitutional Court
- President of the Court of Jurisdictional Disputes
- Justices of the Constitutional Court
- Deputy First Presidents of the Court of Cassation
- Deputy President of the Council of State
- Deputy President of the Council of Judges and Prosecutors
- Deputy Chief Public Prosecutor of the Court of Cassation
- President of the Supreme Electoral Council
- President of the High Council of Arbitrators
- General secretary of the National Security Council
- President of the National Intelligence Organization
- President of the State Supervisory Council
- President of Strategy and Budget
- President of the Defense Industries
- President of the Directorate of Communications
- President of the Directorate of Religious Affairs
- President of the Directorate of State Archives
- President of the Directorate of National Palaces
- President of the Directorate of Presidential Administrative Affairs
- General Secretary of the Parliament
- Presidents of the Office of the Presidency
- Deputy ministers
- Chief Auditor of the Ombudsman Institution
- Governor of Ankara
- Rectors of universities in Ankara
- Commander of the Garrison of Ankara
- Mayor of Ankara Metropolitan Municipality
- Deputy Presidents of the Policy Boards under the Presidency
- Members of the Council of Higher Education
- Lieutenant generals/Vice admirals
- President of the Atatürk High Institution of Culture, Language and History
- President of the Radio and Television Supreme Council
- President of the Turkish Academy of Sciences
- Governor of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
- President of the Competition Authority
- President of the Privatization Administration
- Chairperson of the Capital Markets Board
- Deputy General Secretaries of the Parliament
- Major generals/Rear admirals
- Court of Cassation of Department Heads and members
- Council of State of Department Heads and members
- Court of Accounts of Department Heads and members
- President of the Turkey Energy, Nuclear and Mining Research Institute
- President of the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey
- Deputy Rectors of Universities in Ankara
- Members of the Supreme Electoral Council
- Members of the State Supervisory Council
- Auditors of the Ombudsman Institution
- Brigadier generals/Commodores
- General secretary of the Council of Higher Education
- President of the Turkish Statistical Institute
- General manager of the Anadolu Agency
- General manager of the Turkish Radio Television Corporation
- General manager of the Meteorology
- Director General of Foundations
- General Director of Land Deeds and Cadastral
- General Managers of the Ministry
- Deans and Deputy Deans of the faculties of the universities in Ankara
- Heads of Professional Organizations in the nature of public institutions in Ankara
- Heads of Civil and Military Associations
A regulation was passed in 2012, Ulusal ve Resmi Bayramlar ile Mahalli Kurtuluş Günleri, Atatürk Günleri ve Tarihi Günlerde Yapılacak Tören ve Kutlamalar Yönetmeliği, which sets another list for provinces. It goes as follows:
- The greatest civil administrator of the locality (Governor in the province, District Governor in the district)
- Members of Parliament
- The greatest commander of the locality, generals and admirals, garrison commander
- Metropolitan mayor, deputy minister, provincial mayor
- Chief public prosecutor, head of the judicial justice commission, presidents of regional courts of justice and regional administrative courts, chief public prosecutor of the regional court of appeal, presidents of administrative and tax courts, university rectors, president of the bar association,
- Deputy governors, district governors, provincial gendarmerie commander, provincial police chief, chairman of the provincial council and district mayors
- Vice-rectors, deans of faculties, directors of institutes and colleges
- Top managers of general and special budget organizations
- Members of the armed forces to be determined by the garrison commander in a number to be determined by the governorship
- Judges, prosecutors, head of the notary chamber
- Provincial presidents of the ruling party, the main opposition party and other parties (in alphabetical order) with groups in the Turkish Grand National Assembly
- Deputy deans, institute and college vice principals
- Supervisors, presidents and principals in the regional and provincial organizations of the ministries, primary and secondary school principals to be determined by the provincial directorate of national education, according to the order in the list of the Council of Ministers in the Official Gazette.
- Managers of public banks, top managers of KİT and TRT
- Provincial heads of political parties that do not have a group in the Turkish Grand National Assembly (in alphabetical order)
- City council and city council members
- Representatives of the professional organizations in that place and the media organization with the highest number of members
- Private bank managers
- Presidents of associations working for the public interest
Constitution of the Republic of Turkey.
Ulusal ve Resmi Bayramlar ile Mahalli Kurtuluş Günleri, Atatürk Günleri ve Tarihi Günlerde Yapılacak Tören ve Kutlamalar Yönetmeliği. (Regulation on Ceremonies and Celebrations to be Held on National and Official Holidays, Local Liberation Days, Atatürk Days and Historical Days). Available here (turco).
Türk Bayrağı Kanunuaw (Law no. 2893, 22/9/1983). Turkish Flag Law. Available here.
Para facilidad de consulta, se anexan los siguientes documentos en pdf:
- Folleto con la historia y la partitura del himno nacional de la República de Turquía. Disponible aquí.
ENLACES DE INTERÉS
- Diplomatic Portal of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Türkiye (https://cd.mfa.gov.tr/)